Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Deadly Explosion Rock Turkish Airport- Possible Terror Attack?

ARMED police have swooped at an international airport following an explosion which has left one woman dead and another injured.

The explosion occurred at around 2am this morning at Turkey's Sabiha Gokcen airport in Istanbul.
Local media repots say the blast took place on the tarmac near a plane injuring two cleaners who were nearby.
One woman later died after suffering a severe head wound during the explosion while the other cleaner suffered serious injuries to her hand.
The dead woman has been named as 30-year-old Zehra Yamac.
Anti-terror experts are now probing the exact cause of the blast while forensic teams scour the area for traces of explosives and other clues while a police helicopter hovers overhead.
Turkey's state-run Anadolu Agency said police armed with rifles and protective vests imposed tight security at entrances to the airport after the blast, searching vehicles in the area.
The blast took place just outside the terminal building where planes park for their passengers to embark and disembark.
Turkey's private carrier Pegasus Airlines said in a statement the explosion took place next to one of its planes on the tarmac while the two cleaners were nearby.
A spokesman said: "There were no passengers either on the plane or on the stairway. Sabiha Gokcen airport is continuing its normal operations."
Security staff check a plane at Sabiha Gokcen airport

Sabiha Gokcen airport is ued by passengers from across the world as it hosts both national and international flights with budget airlines.
Dato' Azmi Murad, the executive director of Sabiha Gokcen, said in a statement: "We are working very closely with the Turkish government and our counterparts to facilitate the investigation, and we await their official report on it,"
The news comes after Dublin Airport's Terminal 2 was evacuated this morning following an alert.
Passengers were forced to flee after an alarm sounded shortly after 9am.
The exact nature of the incident has not been confirmed, but it is understood a smoke alarm may have triggered the emergency response.
On its verified Twitter account, Dublin Airport said passengers had now been allowed to return to Terminal 2.
The tweet said: "Normal operations have resumed in T2 @DublinAirport following a brief evacuation."

No comments:

Post a Comment